We have been retained by my client, known for its expertise in securing embedded devices across various critical industries and pioneering the field of embedded security, is seeking a talented Security Researcher. They are dedicated to shaping the future of embedded security while safeguarding millions of embedded devices currently in service.
As a Security Researcher, you will occupy a pivotal role in the realm of embedded security research.
Your responsibilities will encompass:
- Spearheading research initiatives and conducting reverse engineering activities on both embedded hardware and software.
- Acting as a primary point of contact with clients for research projects.
- Crafting research papers and assisting in the development of research proposals.
- Implementing and integrating automated host-based defense mechanisms within black-box embedded devices.
- Developing software to automate the identification of vulnerabilities within embedded software.
- Architecting and building automated infrastructure for hardware and software testing.
- Demonstrated expertise in Cybersecurity research and a track record of publishing research papers.
- Proven skills in software and/or hardware reverse engineering.
- Proficiency in C/C++ and competence in at least one scripting language.
- A strong grasp of fundamental computer science concepts and contemporary software design principles.
- A sound understanding of at least one assembly language.
- Knowledge of low-level software design and implementation.
- The ability to obtain security clearance.
- Previous experience in writing research proposals.
- Past involvement as a Principal Investigator (PI) in Government-funded research endeavors.
- A history of leading research projects.
- A history of being the lead author on research papers.
- Expertise in a specialized research area (e.g., reverse engineering, fuzzing, static/dynamic analysis, embedded software emulation, embedded software development).
- Proficiency with ARM/MIPS/PPC assembly languages.
- A strong comprehension of software vulnerabilities and practical exploitation techniques.
My client Head office is in New York, however you can be based remotely as long as you are open to infrequent travel to HQ.