We are partnering with a world-leading investment firm seeking a Threat Detection Engineer to join their detection team in the US.
They are seeking a talented and motivated engineer who is excited about detection engineering and working with some of the smartest technologists in the world.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter ready to take ownership of complex projects with a high degree of autonomy.
This role involves working in a Python-heavy environment, with 30-40% of the work involving coding. It's not software engineering per se, but rather the way they construct their detections through code.
- Develop, tune, and deploy detections and rules to identify and mitigate threats to our systems
- Analyze logging and telemetry data to enhance risk and detection capabilities
- Proactively hunt for advanced threats and adversaries targeting our systems
- Process and act on threat intelligence reports and updates to enhance our security posture
- Research attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) and translate them into detections using various tools and languages
- Contribute to and develop within our detection-as-code ecosystem to improve analysis processes and detection accuracy
- Collaborate with different business units to gain insights into internal networks and proactively search for threats
- 3-5+ years of experience in security operations, maintaining an endpoint security toolset
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in the Python programming language
- Previous experience in a security or network operations center
If this sounds like you, and you're interested in working with some of the brightest technologists in the world, please get in touch to find out more!